12/10/07

Hide Your Long URL with Dot.tk Redirection

Info:
When I started my very first fansite back on 2005, Im annoyed with my long URL since Im just using a free webhosting program. I tried so many short URL redirection host but they did not met my qualification. With no other choice I decided to buy my own web domain until one site attracted my attention and led me to Dot.tk's free webhosting.

Short URL Redirection

Dot.tk is one of the best short URL redirection Ive seen so far because it does not make your own site look like just a sub-domain. That means you can put a shorter name than other hosts can provide. It will look like this, yoursite.tk. Cool huh? Of course it is. It's the same as you already have your own domain name. Here's more, you can add Dot.tk domain names as much as you want, that's unlimited websites hosted for free. So what's the catch? There's nothing big deal about this, but Dot.tk will just put a web banner on the upper corner of your site. It's the way they monetize their program to stay free for hosting so many websites. This banner, however, is just static above and seperated by a frame. It's not those unwanted pop-ups or floating ads so it will preserved the clean look of your page.

What are you waiting for? Hide those long URL of your blog or site and enjoy the shorter domain name from Dot.tk. A good way to keep your visitors remember your site easily.

Summary:
1) Register an account on Dot.tk to begin the free web hosting redirection.
2) Create your own domain like yoursite.tk.
3) Add more website as much as you want it.
4) Hide your long URL in exchange for a domain name.

0 comments: